DANUBE HOLIDAY MARKETS
8 DAYS FROM PASSAU TO BUDAPEST
Celebrate the season in the birthplace of many beloved holiday traditions
Budapest has celebrated Christmas for a thousand years, since the reign of St. Stephen, the king who founded Hungary and encouraged the spread of Christianity throughout his realm. As you ramble through the Christmas Market on Vörösmarty Square, admiring the handmade porcelain, stop to watch as kürtos kalács (a pastry) is baked on rods over an open fire and then coated with sugar before it’s handed to you.
In Bratislava, where a lively young art scene is revitalizing the compact city core, stalls abound with traditional Slovakian Christmas items such as medovníky (spiced ginger cookies) and šúpolie (figurines made from corn husks). Experience Uniworld’s exclusive “Taste of Christmas” programme in the heart of Vienna during the day. Follow the lights down the Landstrasse in Linz to the Volksgarten, where you’ll find a fairytale Christmas display—large animated renditions of scenes from fairytales that will entrance the child in you. Or mail a letter from Christkindl, where children from all over the world send their Christmas wish lists.
Glorious baroque architecture, delightful concerts and ravishing scenery will make this Christmas season unforgettable as you sail through the holidays on the Danube.
Who will enjoy this cruise
Music lovers will find many special holiday treats on this cruise, from onboard caroling and a classical concert in Vienna to an exclusive organ recital. Shoppers will delight in the chance to pick out a variety of unique gifts at enchanting Christmas markets.
Day To Day Itinerary
DAY 1: Passau
DAY 2: Passau
DAY 3: Linz (Salzburg)
DAY 4: Cruising the Wachau Valley, Krems
DAY 5: Vienna
Choice of Vienna city tour with Christmas Market or Exclusive “Taste of Christmas” Vienna walking tour
DAY 6: Cruising the Danube River, Bratislava
DAY 7: Budapest
DAY 8: Budapest (Disembark)
ur cruise package includes a group departure transfer, or if you have purchased a private departure transfer, you will be transferred to Munich Airport for your flight home.
All Inclusive Amenities
- All meals onboard, prepared using the finest and freshest ingredients
- 7 breakfasts, 5 lunches, 7 dinners
- Captain’s Welcome and Farewell Receptions
- Welcome and Farewell Gala Dinners
- Unlimited beverages onboard, including fine wine, beer, spirits, soft drinks, specialty coffee and tea, and mineral water
- 6 days of excursions, including “Choice Is Yours” options, all fully hosted by English-speaking local experts
- Guided “Taste of Christmas” and “Gentle Walking” programs
- State-of-the-art Quietvox portable audio-headset system on all excursions
- Use of Nordic walking sticks
- 7-night cruise in a riverview stateroom on the stately S.S. Maria Theresa
- Lavishly appointed riverview staterooms and suites have handcrafted Savoir® of England beds, high-thread count 100% Egyptian cotton sheets and European duvets, and a menu of pillow options
- Free Internet and Wi-Fi access
- 4 countries: Austria, Germany, Hungary, Slovakia
- 4 UNESCO World Heritage sites
- Services of an experienced Uniworld Cruise Manager
- All transfers on arrival and departure days
- Captivating onboard local entertainment
- Cultural enrichment, including a Signature Lecture: “The Sound of Christmas Music, from ‘Silent Night’ to Christmas Oratorio”