Paris & Normandy
8 DAYS FROM PARIS TO PARIS
A journey steeped in wonder
Cruise from Paris through Normandy’s countryside, uncovering its many charms: Richard the Lionheart’s Chateau Gaillard, the medieval capital of Rouen, Monet’s beloved home in Giverny and the famed Normandy beaches.
Normandy has been the setting for many battles over the centuries, including the D-Day invasion of WWII, and the Normandy Beaches mean different things to different people, so you’ll have a rare choice to visit several of its historic sites, such as Utah and Omaha beaches, Juno Beach or the famous 11th-century tapestry depicting the Battle of Hastings.
Experience a different side of Northern France’s history with a choice to tour two majestic palaces, Versailles, once home to Louis XVI and Marie Antoinette, or Château de Malmaison, once home to Napoleon’s first empress, Josephine.
See the best of Paris in one of three ways via the “Heart of Paris” cruise and city tour, an exclusive “Do as the Locals Do” tour or an exclusive guided “Let’s Go” bike tour. There are plenty of opportunities to take part in more active experiences, such as golfing at Rouen’s Mont-Saint-Aignan and at Sainte-Mère-Église in Étretat, perched on the cliff high above the sea, making playing golf here a memorable experience and visual feast.
Who will enjoy this cruise
History buffs will be fascinated by D-Day sites and Rouen where Joan of Arc was martyred.
Connoisseur Collection (select sailings)
Discover why UNESCO declared French cuisine a “world intangible heritage” with visits to the famous La Couronne restaurant, where Julia Child had her first French meal, and a Normandy apple orchard. These are only a few highlights you’ll enjoy on your culinary journey.
Generations Family Programme (select sailings)
Share the allure of France with the special young people in your life with historically rich experiences designed to spark lifelong learning.
Day To Day Itinerary
DAY 1: Paris (Embark)
DAY 2: La Roche-Guyon, Vernon (Giverny)
Choice of Monet’s gardens at Giverny or Exclusive guided “Let’s Go” bicycle ride to Giverny
DAY 3: Rouen
DAY 4: Caudebec-en-Caux (Honfleur or Étretat)
DAY 5: Rouen (Normandy Beaches)
Choice of Utah and Omaha beaches and Sainte-Mère-Église or Juno Beach or Bayeux
DAY 6: Mantes-la-Jolie (Versailles)
DAY 7: Paris
DAY 8: Paris (Disembark)
All Inclusive Amenities
- All meals onboard, prepared using the finest and freshest ingredients
- 7 breakfasts, 5 lunches, 7 dinners
- Captain’s Welcome and Farewell Receptions
- Welcome and Farewell Gala Dinners
- Unlimited beverages onboard, including fine wine, beer, spirits, soft drinks, specialty coffee and tea, and mineral water
- 6 days of excursions, including “Choice Is Yours” options, all fully hosted by English-speaking local experts
- Guided “Go Active,” “Do as the Locals Do” and “Gentle Walking” programs
- State-of-the-art Quietvox portable audio-headset system on all excursions
- Use of bicycles and Nordic walking sticks
- 7-night cruise in a riverview stateroom on Uniworld’s newest Super Ship—the S.S. Joie de Vivre
- Lavishly appointed riverview staterooms and suites have handcrafted Savoir® of England beds, high-thread count 100% Egyptian cotton sheets and European duvets, and a menu of pillow options
- Free Internet and Wi-Fi access
- 1 country: France
- 1 UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Services of an experienced Uniworld Cruise Manager
- All transfers on arrival and departure days
- All gratuities, both onboard and onshore
- Captivating onboard local entertainment
- Cultural enrichment, including a Signature Lecture: “The Seine River in Impressionist Paintings”